Good Morning LGYC Members
It’s Tuesday, and that means A Scow Racing. We are 0 for 3 this year on Tuesday nights for the A Scows, but I am very confident they will race tonight. It looks like it’s shaping up to be a beautiful day, lots of sun, good wind, and no storms in the forecast. I used up my deals with Mother Nature for the month of May, but we are now into June, and the deal making has begun.
It’s been a rough spring, and if you are one of the less fortunate to not have your pier or boat in the water, grab your phone, call a friend and get out on the water this afternoon to watch some racing. When you are sun soaked, stop on into the club for dinner.
The summer season is upon us. We are now serving dinner Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday nights starting at 5:00. Lunches will be served 7 days a week starting this Saturday, June 7th.
Starting this week, the bar on the Upper Deck will stay open until 6:30 7ish on Saturdays and Sundays, so if you are out on the lake, take a break from the sun, and stop on by for a cocktail.
Below is a list of the upcoming events and activities for the summer. The next event is the Members Mingle. Last years event was very succesfull, so come on out June 14th taste some wine, eat some food, and meet some new people. CLICK HERE FOR THE INVITATION
- LGYC Members Mingle – June 14
- 4th of July Celebration – July 5
- Blake Burton Parent Trophy Race – July 4
- GLSS Regatta “Dinghy Fest” – July 7-10
- ILYA E Scow Invitational – July 11-13
- ILYA Melges 17 Championship – July 19-20
- Commodores’ Dinner – July 26
- Old Guard Race – August 3
- Charles H. Wacker Trophy Race – August 23
- Annual Wooden Boat Show – August 24
- Sheridan Prize Race – August 30
- LGYC Annual Meeting – August 30
- Trophy Dinner – TBD