Dear Prospective Member:
Thank you for your interest in the Lake Geneva Yacht Club. We would like to share with you some history and objectives of our club, as well as information regarding our sailing programs.
Founded in 1874, the LGYC is one of the oldest sailing clubs in the nation. Our club has a long and prestigious history, which has been fostered by many yachtsmen and women, competitive sailing events, and interesting people and social activities. We are very proud of our many current distinguished sailors as well as those from decades past.
As noted in our mission statement, our Club is operated for the enjoyment and support of the sport of sailboat racing by Club members, their families and guests. To support these objectives, the clubhouse is maintained as our center for sailing activities and social functions.
Our waterfront provides beautiful lake views and ample launching facilities, which include four power hoists, a launch ramp and a dinghy ramp. Our grounds and other buildings are used for dry-land boat storage.
Our races are held weekly, Tuesday through Sunday and holidays from mid May through October. Separate races are held for Classes A, E, C, MC and M17 Scows as well as Class X, Optimist Dinghies, Melges 24s, Melges 15s and Melges 14s. Most classes have two or three races each week. Normal weekly schedules may be modified at times to accommodate Club hosted regattas.
The Geneva Lake Sailing School shares the clubhouse and offers classes for all levels of sailors from beginner through racing skipper, for both children and adults. Classes are conducted in the International Optimist Dinghy, BIC, Class X, Club420, Sonar keelboat or a student’s own craft. Please contact the GLSS Executive Director, Marek Valasek, at (262)275-8489 for more information.
In July 2015 the Buddy Melges Sailing Center was completed, an unprecedented, state of the art, 12,000 square foot facility encompassing both the Clubhouse and Sailing School in one structure, optimized for sailing training, racing and club activities.
More detailed information about LGYC can be found on our website, www.lgyc.com. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact myself or the Club General Manager Michael Moore at (262)275-2727.
Thank you again for your interest in membership. I hope you will become an active member of the LGYC and I look forward to sailing with you in the near future.
2022 Membership Application Info
2022 ANNUAL DUES: (Ages for calculating categories of membership are as of Jan 1st of the current year.)
- • Regular Membership- ages 40+ $2316+tax *F&B Annual Minimum $440*
• Regular Membership- ages 33-39 (age as of January 1) *F&B Annual Minimum $440*
- Associate Membership – $1980+tax *F&B Annual Minimum $825*
- Intermediate Membership – ages 21-24 $150+tax, ages 25-29 $200+tax, ages 30-32 $250+tax
- Junior Membership up to age 21 – $150+tax
- Senior Membership – $1548 (ONLY FOR THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN A MEMBER FOR 25+ YEARS, AND OVER THE AGE OF 65)
- Application for Regular and Associate Memberships must also include an Initiation Fee Check (Reg- $1500+tax, Assoc- $2000+tax)
Dues will be billed in twelve equal installments, with the exception of Junior memberships which are billed in full at beginning of the membership year.
All Intermediate, Junior, and Associate members are required to have a credit card on file with the office. Credit cards will be charged for any amounts that become 30 days past due.
Restaurant & Bar Charges
Food and Beverage Minimums (calculated pre tax and gratuity):
- Regular and Senior members – $440.00 annually (Any unused portion of the minimum will be billed at the end of December.)
- Associate Members – $825.00 annually (Any unused portion of the minimum will be billed at the end of December.)
Sales tax of 5.5% will be added to all amounts billed.
All amounts paid by Credit Card will be charged a 3% processing fee.